phpPgAdmin cannot login to server

From: Art Fore <art(dot)fore(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: phpPgAdmin cannot login to server
Date: 2005-02-03 00:13:21
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have asked this once, but never got a definitive answer, so am asking
again.

Have Suse 9.2 server running postgresql 7.4, apache 2. and phpPgAdmin. I
can loginto to the server using either pgadminIII, OOoBase, or MS Acess
from my windows machine with no problem. When I try to login with
phpPgAdmin as postgres (same as in pgadmin or msaccess), all I get is a
Login disallowed for security reasons and no info in serverlog or
postgresql log. Logingin as user, I get Login failed and the serverlog
show IDENT authentication fail for user afore.

Would like to have any info with an example if possible on how to fix
this or where to find out how to fix this. Have searched the web but
found nothing.

Art