Re: Online Backup and WAL archives

From: Pallav Kalva <pkalva(at)deg(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Morus Walter <morus(dot)walter(at)tanto(dot)de>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Online Backup and WAL archives
Date: 2005-02-01 19:47:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,

If I want to restore to a particular point in time lets say to the
point in time like a day back when one of my table was dropped
accidentally and if i want restore the archive log only to that
particular archive log file . what is the procedure we should follow ?
just keep the archive logs in the directory until the last archive log
file i need or is there a command something like " restore only until
at this archive log file " ? Also what happens to the transaction log
files in pg_xlog directory in this scenario ? do i have to still keep
them or they get created by themself since i am going a day back ?

Is this possible in postgres 8

Thanks,
Pallav