SET command

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raa(at)mailporter(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SET command
Date: 2005-01-28 22:48:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

First off it has been a while since I needed to go to the
www.postgresql.org documentation ( and site in general ) and the new
layout/design is nice.

Now the question.

I'm reading up on schema and trying to remember from when I last
researched them what the process is to make the

SET search_path TO myschema,public;

permanent for users when they sign on. The documentation implies that
it is only per SESSION or transaction (LOCAL). I seem to remember some
setting that cause these to be stored and then executed each time a user
connected.

A gentle whack with the clue-stick please.

TIA,
Rod
--
---