Re: DB Crash, recoverable?

From: Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB Crash, recoverable?
Date: 2005-01-26 20:08:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"

>>ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
>>ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
>>CONTEXT: SQL statement "create temp table tmp_children ( uniqid bigint, memberid bigint, membertype varchar(50), ownerid smallint, tag varchar(50), level int4 )"
>> PL/pgSQL function "fngetcompositeids2" line 14 at SQL statement
>>

>Hmm, looks like a previous incarnation of this table was not completely
>deleted. Does it help if you REINDEX pg_type?

I will try. The last time this happened I re-indexed all the system &
user tables, clustered the users tables as well as re-created all the
user defined types & functions. These steps didn't resolve the problem.

I tried poking around the system tables, but I didn't see anything wrong.

>>=> select version();
>> version
>> PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta5 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.2
>>

>You really shouldn't be still using such an old beta version. There are
>a heck of a lot of bug fixes since beta5 ...

Yes, looks like I'll get to upgrade today when I do the dump and restore
;)