Re: 8.0 drivers released.

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 drivers released.
Date: 2005-01-18 22:17:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
>
>> NullPointerException:
>> at org.postgresql.Driver.getDefaultProperties(Driver.java:84)
>> at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:167)
>> at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:599)
>
> Driver.java:84 is:
>
> Enumeration urlEnum =
> getClass().getClassLoader().getResources("org/postgresql/driverconfig.properties");
>
> I guess that org.postgresql.Driver is being loaded by the bootstrap
> classloader (getClassLoader() returns null). How exactly are you getting
> the driver jar into the classpath?

I can reproduce the exception by running test code when the driver is
loaded from the bootstrap classpath
('-Xbootclasspath/a:jars/postgresql.jar')

It seems reasonable to fall back to the system classloader if the driver
was loaded from the bootstrap classloader. I will commit a change to do
this shortly.

-O