Re: Bugs]

From: "M(dot)N(dot) Swaminathan" <swaminathan(at)insoft(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bugs]
Date: 2005-01-13 04:46:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Dear Mr. Andrew,

Greetings to you

With reference to the mail sent by my colleague Mr. Rangarajan, the
following are the complete details as requested by you.

First, please post plain text mail only, not stuff with cute backgrounds
and advertisements.

-- Removed all stuff and advertisements. Sorry for the inconvenience

Second - you have not given nearly enough information for us to begin to
diagnose your problem. For example, what version of what client library
did you use? What encoding were in place? What was the data type of the
relevant field? What did you do to diagnose the problem? Did you log the
relevant SQL statements?

-- Client Library Version : PGADMIN III VERSION 1.2.0 (pgCURL is a
SQL interface to libCURL (http client library).
using pgCURL, a PgSQL user can perform web
pages fetching during SQL transactions.
libCURL as of this statement.)
-- Encoding : Latin 1
-- Data type of the Field : Varchar or Text
-- Diagnose Method : Through our dot net application.
-- SQL Statement : Select titlemessage from tblMessage.

Hope the above information will satisfy your requirements to give us the
solution.

Thanks and Regards

M.N. Swaminathan

Original Question :

We have developed an web application in ASP.Net with back end as POSTGreSQL
Version 7.4 for Linux, which works fine without any
issues. Recently we had tested the same application with POSTGreSQL Version
8.0 for Windows, there we found lots of issues like if we input more than
2010 characters in a text box it stores well in the database whereas while
fetching and displaying the same some junk characters are automatically
added to the value and it displays.

We request you to give us a solution to fix the above said bugs.