Re: [c-jdbc] Bug Report

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Nicolas Modrzyk <Nicolas(dot)Modrzyk(at)inrialpes(dot)fr>
Cc: c-jdbc(at)objectweb(dot)org, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, gvp <blindvit(at)gala(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [c-jdbc] Bug Report
Date: 2004-11-22 20:59:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Nicolas Modrzyk wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could anyone let us know how to understand the attached query ?
> From what I know this is an Orion (java application server) generated
> query for postgresql...
>
> The C-JDBC parsing seems to fail because we can't find a proper FROM
> keyword to select the depedencies of the query.
> Since this is not seemingly SQL92 standard, can anyone from the
> postgresql team give us some information ?

I am confused. Are you encountering a C-JDBC problem, a PostgreSQL JDBC
driver problem, a PostgreSQL backend query parsing problem, or something
else again? Exactly what error or misbehaviour do you see?

The query itself does not seem too painful, it is a CREATE TABLE AS with
a query part that has lots of UNIONs:

CREATE TABLE ... AS
SELECT ... FROM ...
UNION