Re: Installing Postgres - newbie

From: Pallav Kalva <pkalva(at)deg(dot)cc>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing Postgres - newbie
Date: 2004-11-04 21:02:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks! for all the quick replies, looks like it is better to install
all the packages as our environment needs all of them. I was under the
impression that
(postgresql-7.4.6-2PGDG.i686.rpm or
postgresql-server-7.4.6-2PGDG.i686.rpm ) one of these packages is the
super set of all the packages and if I just install that package it
would be fine, I guess i am wrong.

I have to check out the Online backups option for the new Postgres 8.0
beta version too and I couldnt find any RPMS for this version yet in the
ftp site, but there are tar files for this version

postgresql-8.0.0beta4.tar.gz
postgresql-base-8.0.0beta4.tar.gz
postgresql-docs-8.0.0beta4.tar.gz
postgresql-opt-8.0.0beta4.tar.gz
postgresql-test-8.0.0beta4.tar.gz

Do i need to install all these files or is the
postgresql-8.0.0beta4.tar.gz superset of all the other files ?

Thanks! again.