Re: update rules + views + odbc problems

From: Mike Fahey <mfahey(at)enter(dot)net>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres list <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: update rules + views + odbc problems
Date: 2004-10-26 21:25:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hey, here's an update.

Adding the column "ctid" to the view ( and recreating the rewrite rule)
fixed the problem.

Magically I can update the view from access.

Without the column "ctid", it seems impossible to update a view.

Can the developers implement a fix in the odbc driver or is this
something we have to live with?

I'm using access2003 SP1 with odbc snapshot 08-00-0001

Thanks!

With best regards,

Mike Fahey - Systems Administration
ENTER.NET - "The Road to the Internet Starts Here!" (tm)
(610) 437-2221 * http://www.enter.net/ * email:support(at)enter(dot)net