Re: NIC to NIC connection

From: Gaetano Mendola <gmendola(at)mbigroup(dot)it>
To: jak(at)uiuc(dot)edu
Cc: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NIC to NIC connection
Date: 2004-10-21 17:42:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Jay A. Kreibich wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 07:05:40PM +0200, Gaetano Mendola scratched on the wall:
>

>>We have some switches that are able to do ip routing too... :-(
>

> So called "layer-three switches" are a whole different game.

Ok that's explain all, I was able to create two different VLAN's with a
cable between two ports ( in order to simulate two different switches), each port was
appartaining to a different VLAN and I was seeing ARPREQUEST passing by the cable in
order to detect the address in the other side, just for fun I replaced the cable with
a traffic shaper and all was working very fine...
However I wasn't curious enough to see who was the arp request source, may be was not
the "router/switcher" but a client that was doing it.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola