Re: Access and PG ODBC problem

From: Andrew Ayers <aayers(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: "anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com" <anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access and PG ODBC problem
Date: 2004-10-04 23:31:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to convert some access databases to use PG linked tables and
> all was going good until I tried to do some stuff in VBA script..
>
> Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection
> Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
> conn.Open
> "driver={PostgreSQL};server=192.168.1.29;port=5432;database=mydb;uid=postgres;pwd=;ksqo=;"
>
> Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
> Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
> rs.CursorLocation = adUseServer
> rs.Open "select * from lw_partnershipdata.switchboard_remote", conn,
> adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText
>
> It all goes good until the last line and then I get this error:
>
> Column "OID" does not exist
>
> None of my tables have OIDs as they are large and I don't want the
> overhead of the OIDs.
>
> Any help/Ideas would be appreciated.

Don't know if this will help - but did you try checking "Row Versioning"
on in the ODBC driver?

Andrew Ayers

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.