Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability - Solutions

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability - Solutions
Date: 2004-09-30 03:38:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Hello,

>o Archives
>
>The archives situation is a continual problem. Again, maybe a dancing
>bear can help. :-)

This is being resolved by Command Prompt. Marc and I are in the process
of moving archives as we speak.
In fact DNS should be propagating by morning.

>Basically, with no money and no one offering servers, I don't see a good
>solution to any of these problems, but I think we need to recognize
>these are problems and that we will continue to suffer until they are
>addressed.

Command Prompt has offered servers and bandwidth on Multiple occassions.
We have top notch
redundant bandwidth, natural gas fired generators, and solid uptime.

>Are there any proposals, no matter how radical, to correct these?

Please see above.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake