Re: odbc with PostgreSQL 8.0 & Delphi

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc with PostgreSQL 8.0 & Delphi
Date: 2004-09-27 17:26:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 27 Sep 2004 at 9:18, Melanie Bergeron wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Gary. I have ODBC driver psqlodbc-07_03_0200. I
> take a look at the mylog file and everything seems to work fine for the
> query:
>
> Any idea on what my problem could be??
>
> Thanks,
>

> Melanie

Well on first glance it doesn't look like a postgres problem or ODBC driver problem. It
would still perhaps be useful to look at an ODBC trace log (from the ODBC driver
manager).

Looking at the Delphi documentation I have I see that EDatabaseError can cover many
sins. Is there no other message that goes with it?

What are the datatypes of the string columns you are trying to retrieve?

Cheers,
Gary.