Re: SQL-Invoked Procedures for 8.1

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, Grant Finnemore <grantf(at)guruhut(dot)co(dot)za>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL-Invoked Procedures for 8.1
Date: 2004-09-24 15:15:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I believe you are correct for Oracle at least.
>
> But for people porting over from MSSQL it is a *huge* deal, and given
> the native windows port of Postgres with 8.0.0, I predict *many*
> requests for this in upcoming months.

Speaking from a commercial perspective. I have had, in the last 60 days
over a dozen inquiries of how PostgreSQL 8.0 on WINDOWS compares to
MSSQL. The specific question
topics have been:

1. Reliability
2. Performance
3. High Availability
4. Features

Anything that we can do, within reason to help the migration from MSSQL
to PostgreSQL "is a good thing" (tm).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake