Re: crash in FC2

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: ian(at)uns(dot)ns(dot)ac(dot)yu
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Diego A(dot) Gil" <diego(at)adminsa(dot)com>
Subject: Re: crash in FC2
Date: 2004-09-16 10:12:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Ivan Nejgebauer wrote:
> Diego A. Gil wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having some strange behavior in Fedora Core 2. I compiled a cvs
>> version, checked out today 16 september. When I try to add a new table,
>> or database, etc, pgadmin3 crash without any notice or warning, without
>> logging anything.
>>
>> A new bug ?.
>

> It's a side effect of the fix for the FindFocus bug. The crash you
> describe happened to me, too. Try the attached patch (not sure if that's
> the right fix, but it works for me.)

I see the problem, but it's not a final fix; context menu on properties
can't be handled. For sure, FindFocus may never return NULL (but it does
:-( )

Obviously, with current wx the current item can't be determined using
FindFocus.

I committed the patch as workaround, real fix to follow.

Regards,
Andreas