Re: pg_dump and pg_restore in batch scripts

From: Johan Paul Glutting <jpglutting(at)vqp(dot)udl(dot)es>
To: Tim Penhey <tim(at)penhey(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump and pg_restore in batch scripts
Date: 2004-08-30 06:07:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Um, sorry about that post. I understood that pg_restore was not working,
but I have been able to use it. I needed to dump and restore as a .tar
file (the raw dump didn't seem to work - but that may just be because I
didn't understand the man page ...)

-F t is the switch for setting the archive type to .tar for restoring.

Good luck.

En/na Tim Penhey ha escrit:

> Johan Paul Glutting wrote:
>
>> I don't think pg_restore is working in this Beta version of
>> PostgreSQL. At least, that is my understanding, from a post a few
>> weeks ago.
>>
>> pg_restore does not work for me, although pg_dump seems to be
>> functional.
>>
>> You can edit your your pg_hba.conf file to set different types of
>> authentication ("trust", or "ïdent")
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/client-authentication.html
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> JP
>

> Aah... that will explain why I am having problems with the restoring
> of the database ;-)
>
> Thanks for the link on authentication, that looks like it might solve
> the problem.
>
> Tim

JP Glutting
Oficina de Qualitat Plaça Víctor Siurana, 1
Universitat de Lleida 25003 Lleida
Tel: 973 703 103 Fax: 973 702 036