Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release

From: Mark Harrison <mh(at)pixar(dot)com>
To: josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release
Date: 2004-08-27 23:50:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com wrote:

> Point In Time Recovery: While PostgreSQL is very reliable, PITR increases
> its robustness by allowing continuous backup of the server. This allows
> data recovery to a point of failure or to any transaction in the past.

I would rephrase like this, since PITR helps defend against failures
other than in the database, such as hardware, application, etc...

Point In Time Recovery: PITR increases system robustness by allowing
continuous backup of the PostgreSQL server. This allows
data recovery to a point of failure or to any transaction in the past.

Great job!
Mark