Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Date: 2004-08-09 13:58:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I wrote:

> I will install MSys and friends on my new Windows machine and play
> around to see what works, unless someone comes up with a tested
> solution first.

Experimentation shows that xcopy is just as braindead about slashes as
copy is. But quoting the paths with backslashes worked, e.g.

system("xcopy \"c:\\foo bar\\baz\" \"c:\\tmp\" /y >nul");

So it appears that we need either to have the paths output with
system-dependant slashes, or, perhaps more flexibly, a new escape
sequences (%P?) which does system-dependent slashes - that would be a
small addition to src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c

cheers

andrew