Re: [Fwd: Q: database schema from JDBC driver and netbeans.]

From: Ryoji Sawa <Ryoji(dot)Sawa(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Sawa, Ryoji" <Ryoji(dot)Sawa(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Q: database schema from JDBC driver and netbeans.]
Date: 2004-08-06 09:40:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear Kris,

Thank you for your responding.
I'm sorry that I have not been specific.

> It is not clear what Java/JDBC has to do with your question.
At the current stage, I'm not sure whether JDBC or netbeans has
the root cause. So I'm seeking any comments, for JDBC engineers
may think the possible cause. First, I would like to know if
this is known issue or not.

My main purpose is to create a CMP entity bean on netbeans that
accesses to Postgres table.
Now I'm struggling to create a postgres database schema on netbeans.
To create it, I'm using postgres74.214.jdbc3.jar JDBC driver.

There are several steps to create a CMP bean.
1 create JDBC connection pool
2 create JDBC datasource
3 create JDBC persistent manager
4 create a db schema

I was successful from #1 to #3 steps.
I also done #4 step. But the created database schema didn't have
the primary key information. I'm wondering why.

To create a db schema on netbeans.
. Choose a package on explorer and right-click it.
. Choose 'New' -> 'Database' -> 'Database schema'.
. Name the schema on a pop-up window.
. Speciry driver data, database URL, user, pass.
. Choose the database table to be in the schema.
. Then a db scheam will be created.
(However, it does not have <_primary> attribute.)

The reason I showed the pg_dump is to make sure the table in
postgres has the primary key.

I tried to send the db schema xml file. It showed the created
schema doesn't have <_primary> attribute. However, it was rejected
by mail-server, for the file is regarded as a potentially dangerous
file.
Any comment would be appreciated about this primary key issue.

Thanks and regards,
Ryoji