Problem with public schema

From: "Nick Allan" <allanni(at)rvib(dot)org(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with public schema
Date: 2004-05-20 00:28:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all
I've just started using postgres and have all my tables defined in the
public schema.
For some reason I'm being forced to use sql like the following
select * from public."tblCategory";
instead of
select * from tblCategory;

the
show search_path;
command returns
$user,public

When I use commands like
select * from tblCategory;
I get the following error

ERROR: Relation "tblcategory" does not exist

Anyone got any suggestions on what I'm missing here?

Nick Allan

Adaptive Technology Consultant

RVIB - VisTech

201 High Street, Prahran Vic 3181

Website: www.vistech.rvib.org.au

Email: nick(dot)allan(at)rvib(dot)org(dot)au
Phone: +613 9520 5555
Fax: +613 9525 2065

This email (including all attachments) may contain personal information
and is intended solely for the named addressee. It is confidential and
may be subject
to legal or other professional privilege. Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you
by mistake.
If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply email,
delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be
reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the
copyright owner.
Any personal information in this email must be handled in accordance
with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).

Emails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other
defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give
no warranties
in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the
authenticity of an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us
immediately.