Triggers on TRUNCATE?

From: Daniel Baldoni <pgsql(at)lcds(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Triggers on TRUNCATE?
Date: 2004-07-26 08:27:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

G'day folks,

Forgive this if it's totally "out there" but I was wondering why there's no
support for triggers on a TRUNCATE operation. I note that a COPY IN fires
an INSERT trigger (if defined).

The only real use I can see for a TRUNCATE trigger would be for automatic
audit trail generation - I usually have all operations on "core" tables
audited.

FYI, I'm using 7.4.3.

As always, thanks for your time. Ciao.

--
Daniel Baldoni BAppSc, PGradDipCompSci | Technical Director