Re: [ADMIN] Migrate postgres databases from SQL_ASCII to UNICODE

From: Michael Stephenson <mstephenson(at)openworld(dot)org>
To: "Dario V(dot) Fassi" <software(at)sistemat(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Migrate postgres databases from SQL_ASCII to UNICODE
Date: 2004-07-19 10:25:49
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-jdbc pgsql-sql

What we've done in the past is just run the dump file through iconv - this has
support for IBM-850.

http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/documentation/libiconv/iconv.1.html

Hope this helps,

Michael

--
Web Applications Developer
Open World Ltd, 11 Riverside Court, Riverside Road, Bath, BA2 3DZ.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this message is confidential, intended only for
the use of the individual or the entity named as recipient. If the reader of
this message is not that recipient, you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copy of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify us by telephone on
the number above. Your co-operation is appreciated.