Re: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem

From: "Jan Meijnaerts - Artinos" <jan(at)artinos(dot)be>
To: kranas(at)freemail(dot)gr
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem
Date: 2004-07-16 15:48:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I do not know about this version of postgresql, but in principle pgsql service
should work on Windows 2000. I am using Windows2000 quite a few
months now as server and as client via the ultrasql version corresponding
with pgsql 7.0.2 without any major problem. So if it works quite well for 7.0.2
there is no reason why it should not work for 7.5 or other versions, unless
there is somewhere a bug in it.

Jan Meijnaerts

On 16 Jul 2004 at 10:16, kranas(at)freemail(dot)gr wrote:

> The path for the postmaster user is correct
> If I run: runas /noprofile /user:.\postgres cmd
> and from then cmd windows if I type PATH I get the correct path
> with postrges\bin and postgres\lib appended. If I run pg_ctl from
> this window I get administrative rights error (as expected because of the
> /noprofile parameter)
>
> If I run (as admin) runas /user:.\postgres cmd
> and then pg_ctl start I can start the postmaster (or: runas /user:.\postgres "pg_ctl start").
>
> So I believe it is not an wrong installation of postgres.
> It is a service error to postmaster, or a windows 2000 bug.
>
> Did anybody succeded in running postgresql service under windows 2000?
> I have done it in windows XP and I have read that it is running under
> windows NT.
>
> Thanks John

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

-