Bug in generated SQL query definition area?

From: Justin Clift <jc(at)telstra(dot)net>
Subject: Bug in generated SQL query definition area?
Date: 2004-07-01 10:15:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a bug in pgAdmin or PG, but thought I'd mention it
as it's "weird" and easy to check.

Using pgAdmin 3 (both v1.0.2 and 1.1.0dev as of 23rd June), if I connect
to a PG 7.4.3 database and go to the
"information_schema.constraint_column_usage" view, pgAdmin3 shows the
SQL definition for this view in the window.

If I cut-n-paste this definition into a SQL editing window and tell it
to execute, I get the error:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "ALL" at character 1353

Looking at the SQL that was shown in the SQL editing window, it appears
to not be correct. In this case it's missing a closing ")" which
generates the above error.

First time I've noticed anything like this with pgAdmin3, and it's
happening on two different platforms... version 1.0.2 on Sun Java
Desktop System Release 2, and version 1.1.0 dev (latest downloadable) on
Win XP.

Any ideas?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift