Re: What now?

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: What now?
Date: 2004-06-18 11:15:56
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
>>What's needed now is
>>1) Redesign
>
> OK, I believe Gavin was working on that - it that still the case?

BTW, I think we should do some kind of design specification. The current
mode, where Gavin does a mockup and *then* everyone criticizes it /
suggests ideas does not seem too good to me.

>>2) Content changes
>
> Very little static content has probably changed (though it should still
> be reviewed) - did you copy all the original content? Also, do you have
> a script to migrate the latest versions of the db backed stuff.

I copied all the content that was in portal's database. I also moved the
files that weren't there. I think one should merge all the changes that
were done between Anreas starting work on portal and present day... I
didn't check the whole stuff, but there *are* differences.

That means, of course, that no big content changes are planned.

The script to migrate news / events / polls is in CVS
(portal/tools/update.sql)