in out send recv functions - immutable or stable?

From: Shachar Shemesh <psql(at)shemesh(dot)biz>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: in out send recv functions - immutable or stable?
Date: 2004-06-17 16:35:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

When I look at the int4 functions (int4in, int4out, int4send, int4recv),
they are all marked "immutable". Then again, when I look at the varchar
functions, the in and out functions are immutable, but the send and
receive functions are stable.

Is there a reason for this?

Shachar

P.S.
This is PG 7.4 on Debian unstable, coming from the standard deb.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.