Re: pg_dump problem

From: Noel Faux <noel(dot)faux(at)med(dot)monash(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: Noel Faux <noel(dot)faux(at)med(dot)monash(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, Di Wu <ever_wudi(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Torsten Seemann <Torsten(dot)Seemann(at)infotech(dot)monash(dot)edu(dot)au>
Subject: Re: pg_dump problem
Date: 2004-05-20 01:20:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

We found the problem. In the table psiblast_round, there was one entry
which the feild matrix was corrupt. If we select all for this entry the
database died :(. If we selected all but the matrix the select finished.
If we selected only that entry and the matrix, the server died. So we
set the feild to "" and the problem was fixed. As to why that matrix
caused an error??? Don't know!!

Cheers
Noel