Re: ODBC Driver Options

From: Andrew Ayers <aayers(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Nicola Tiling <nti(at)w4w(dot)net>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver Options
Date: 2004-05-17 19:26:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Jeff Eckermann wrote:
> --- Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>It's not as up to date as it should be, but most
>>options are documented
>>at
>>

> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/genpage.php?doc-config
>
>>Regards, Dave.

A related question would be what the "name" of these variables are if
you are passing them in a DSN-less connection. For example, I was having
problems in my VB6 application where if I didn't turn off Keyset Query
Optimization I would get errors. This is easy to do in the ODBC setup,
but in order to do it via a DSN-less connection, you have to pass
"ksqo=;" in the connection string.

In this case, it is fairly easy to guess - but what about others, like
"use declare/fetch"? I would love to try this out in my application, but
without knowing what variable to pass - it would take a little to track
down (likely a before/after snapshot of a log, while using a DSN
connection and turning off/on the flag to see what changes in the log
entries).

A list of these variables and what their settings can be would be doubly
helpful...

Andrew Ayers
Phoenix, Arizona