Re: Bug in backend/lib/stringinfo.c:enlargeStringInfo()

From: Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer(at)aevum(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in backend/lib/stringinfo.c:enlargeStringInfo()
Date: 2004-05-11 20:35:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
> Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer(at)aevum(dot)de> writes:
>>The real cause of the problem seems to be a frontend/backend
>>communication problem. The "needed" argument 0x5454502b comes from a
>>4-byte length field which string content is 'TTP/'. Looks like a part of
>>a HTTP request to me.
>

> Yeah, it kinda sounds like someone is trying to send an HTTP request to
> the Postgres port :-(

I thought about that, but I have TCP disabled. And it's definitely
triggered by my own Perl code serving dynamic web pages. But it happens
at completely random places. Maybe it's a bug in DBD::Pg. Is there an
easy way to log the whole frontend/backend communication?

Nick

--
aevum gmbh
leopoldstr. 87