Re: running aggregates entirely in SQL?

From: Brian Ghidinelli <brian(at)pukkasoft(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: running aggregates entirely in SQL?
Date: 2004-05-11 18:01:13
Lists: sfpug

Joe Celko has some examples in his "SQL for Smarties" book for doing
running aggregates entirely in SQL. I believe they will work in most
database servers. I don't have the book handy but it's a place to look.

On the Celko note - has anyone implemented his nested tree model? It's
really great for arbitrarily deeply nested hierarchies.

Brian