Re: planner/optimizer question

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: planner/optimizer question
Date: 2004-04-28 06:35:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

I know you will shoot me down, but...

Why is there an entry in the index for a row if the row is not valid?
Wouldn't it be better for the index entry validity to track the row validity.
If a particular data value for a query (join, where etc.) can be satisfied
by the index entry itself this would be a big performance gain.

Cheers,
Gary.