Re: brute force attacking the password

From: "C(dot) Bensend" <benny(at)bennyvision(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: brute force attacking the password
Date: 2005-04-18 21:14:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

> And dangerous. Imagine a system with say, apache accound used
> from some Apache application. And a maluser who purposefully
> tries to log in to "apache" account and fails, thus causing a DoS
> on the web application. :)

Yes, I absolutely agree. Any scheme of the sort would have some
risks. And a risk I might be willing to take, might not be
acceptable for others.

> ...of course with careful planning and right implementation it
> would be very good.

And this is where I lay my trust in the PostgreSQL developers. I
am no power user, but I certainly appreciate the impressive
quality of the software. Thanks, folks. :)

Benny

--
Nixon: "Hello, Morbo! How's the family?"
Morbo: "Beligerant and numerous."