Re: win32 users list (Re: Native Win32 port - PLEASE!)

From: David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: win32 users list (Re: Native Win32 port - PLEASE!)
Date: 2004-03-28 13:08:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>Speaking of win32 port, do/will we need a win32 users list
>>(pgsql-win32)? MySQL has one. For now, I think such a list can assert to
>>the world that a native port exist (or will, very soon), plus as a help
>>forum for users who want to try building one (as the docs on building
>>the win32 port is nonexistant right now).
>
> Seems we use win32-devel until we release 7.5, and after that, we could
> use a separate list, or use the existing ports list.

I for one vote for win32 users having their own list as soon as
possible. I predict three things:

1) there will be *lots* of them coming to -general (instead of to -novice);
2) there will be a surge of novice-oriented and MySQL-related posts in
-general;
3) the other members of the -general list will get annoyed enough that
eventually a win32-users list is set up.

So why go through the pain of #1 and #2 when we can go directly to #3 :-)

Btw, here's a nice read as well as a reminder of things to come:
http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=26787

--
dave