Re: ODBC int2 parameters to pg function

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC int2 parameters to pg function
Date: 2004-03-14 10:03:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Tom,
Thanks for the reply.

I agree with your solution in principle, but I have nearly 100 databases
so far across several servers and many at customer sites. I am trying to
migrate some from and maintain compatibility with MS SQLServer.
These quantities have been smallint for quite some time. Changing the
underlying database types now would be a problem.

I can cast inside the function, this is my current solution. Given that
there is no implicit downcast wouldn't the best solution be to get the
ODBC driver do the cast on the function call?

Thanks,
Gary.