Re: Thanks for the great work on the Win32

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thanks for the great work on the Win32
Date: 2004-03-13 15:24:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Claudio,

Last night I reran my appliation regression tests on a win32 database
with your win32_open fix and that solved the 7 failures I was seeing.
So with that change *all* of my basic application regression tests work
when running on the win32 port. (I just changed the one call in fd.c
BasicOpenFile to use win32_open).

Other issues I have seen in playing around are:

- Errors reported during shutdown related to statistics collector.
- Problems with Ctrl-C shutdown not being recognized immediately
(sometimes if I ctrl-c the postmaster it properly shutsdown, othertimes
it seems to hang until after another (or sometimes two other)
connections to the postmaster are attempted (i.e. after I ctrl-c the
postmaster I need to connect one or twice from psql before it will
actually respond to the ctrl-c)
- Sometimes I have seen jdbc errors connecting with the error message:
no pg_hba.conf entry for ??? , but I have only seen this twice and
don't know yet how to reproduce.

thanks,
--Barry