Re: FreeBSD Sparc64 edition

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Hiroshi Saito <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: FreeBSD Sparc64 edition
Date: 2004-02-15 22:08:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Hi Raphaël.
>
>From: "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
>

>>Hi hiroshi,
>>any chance you or someone you know can get another one to host solaris
>>build ? I did a "working" build for solaris 9 just before last christmas
>>but have no personal host I can use to go further...
>>

>Oh,I forgot to be important.!
>I will begin download of solaris9 soon.:-)

That's good news :)

>It is the lump of huge bit...
>I want complete this work with you.

Nice! Drop me an email when you are ready to begin builds. If it's
possible to get an account for me, I'll do my best to help to get
something working.
As a reminder, the most important piece of work is the wx Build. Our
actual snapshot does not build on solaris 9. When I succeeded the build
I used a wx snapshot tagged 20031207 and tried to apply our patches to
it (they didn' t all pass and I was in a hurry to see pgA3 at the screen
;p).
When you get time for it, may be you could try to generate a recent wx
build with our patches applied under Solaris: I'm not familiar with cvs
and merges and you will surely be more efficient than I would.
Once wxwindows build is ok, everything should be from scratch as Andreas
applied the "include patch" submited in december.

The previous thread concerning solaris port can be found here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2003-12/msg00101.php

Hope to hear news from you.
Cheers,
Raphaël