Re: PhAdmin3

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PhAdmin3
Date: 2004-02-05 17:59:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> That would be a solution but in fact, that's the first thing I asked
> Ron Lee (debian wxWin maintainer) when I contacted him last summer. I
> also proposed to produce a pgAdmin3 specific package of wxWindows that
> I would have uploaded to experimental, but he asked me not to do so.

Actually things around wx are becoming more and more frustrating. I
don't see a chance to get a wx version that's suitable for pgAdmin3
execution for a long time, i.e. the needed patches are stuck in the bug
tracker.
Additionally, wx core people are considering a rename of wxWindows to
wx[whateverItWillBe], because some Microsoft lawyer made a burp about
the name. As usual, there's no in-deep information about what's going
on, we're again presented the outcome of some internal thinking "we must
rename immediately".

I'd be glad if we could take a stock wx package and go, but we're
probably maintaining our own wxPGA forever. Sigh...

Regards,
Andreas