Re: Is it possible in PostgreSQL?

From: "jim(dot)bagley(at)traderonline(dot)com" <jim(dot)bagley(at)traderonline(dot)com>
To: Bronx <tobronx(at)go2(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is it possible in PostgreSQL?
Date: 2004-01-16 18:10:11
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

In Oracle you can use cursors as columns. not sure if that will work in
postgresql. never tried it. =)

ex:

select name, curosr(select sum(quantity) from tablename where date
between(pick a date) and (pick another date)) as 01,
curosr(select sum(quantity) from tablename where date between(pick a
date) and (pick another date)) as 02,
curosr(select sum(quantity) from tablename where date between(pick a
date) and (pick another date)) as 03,
from tablename;

thanks should give you the output you described below. Again, I am not
sure if this is SQL Standard or just a function that Oracle offers.

jim

--

Jim Bagley
Database Manager