linked tables Access <---> PG 7.4.1

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: linked tables Access <---> PG 7.4.1
Date: 2004-01-16 00:27:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I fear this might be off-topic but I'm sure I'd be hit, too, if I asked
something concerning the interaction with PostgreSQL on the dark side. ;)

Client: MS-Access 2000
Server: PG 7.4.1

I ODBC-link some tables and all is fine.
Then I manually link a PostgreSQL-view and Access asks which of the
fields will be the primary key of this "table".

Then again, if I link the view with VBA's DAO command
CurrentDB.CreateTableDef( [...] ) no question appears and the view gets
created as a table-object.
If I inspect it's design, there is no field marked as primary key.

Is the PK really obsolete or does it have implications in the
performance of Access or PG ?

Thanks
Andreas