Re: Incremental results from libpq

From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet(at)vicr(dot)com>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Scott Lamb" <slamb(at)slamb(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Incremental results from libpq
Date: 2005-11-17 14:29:17
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Alvaro,

You are quite correct, which is functionally the only
difference. Personally I don't think that really amounts to "a hill of
beans". The functionality is the same, even if the syntax is a touch
different. Course, I didn't get a chance to tinker with this, but in
Oracle a global temp table can have indexes and constraints. Is the
same true in Postgresql?? I've found it to be a performance improver
where your loading the temp table with thousands of rows.