Is it technically possible to transform pgSchema into a multi-database wrapper?
1) Usually database wrappers are built using inheritance.
2) As inheritance does not exist in VB, we need to use other solutions
which are :
- i) duplicate pgSchema, i.e. create a mysqlSchema object,
- ii) add an XML/XSLT description layer to pgSchema.
XML layer + XSLT should help use describe:
- Abstract Schema and Datatype mappings.
- Available objects (i.e MySQL does not have functions, triggers and views),
- SQL queries used to retrieve information.
This would not change the calling API of pgSchema but the internal structure.
Is this a dream (unfortunately, I guess yes)? Any suggestions welcome.
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2001-09-23 14:53:58|
|Subject: Re: Transform pgSchema into a Multi-database wr|
|Previous:||From: Jean-Michel POURE||Date: 2001-09-23 08:45:33|
|Subject: Encoding holes|