Replacing PREPARE

From: Paul E Stephens <phitau(at)home(dot)com>
To: mailto:
Subject: Replacing PREPARE
Date: 1999-04-22 23:39:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello all,

I have been given some C code that contained some of Oracle's SQL
calls. One of the types of call is a fetch that uses the PREPARE
command. I am having trouble coming up with a work around and would
appreciate any suggestions.

Code snip:

sprintf( query, "SELECT first, second FROM table_name where %s = %s",
value1, value2 );

EXEC SQL PREPARE :select_str USING :query;

EXEC SQL DECLARE my_cursor CURSOR FROM :select_str;

EXEC SQL OPEN my_cursor;

EXEC SQL FETCH FORWARD 1 IN my_cursor INTO :value1, :value2;

Thanks in advance,
Paul E Stephens