Connecting to schema problems

From: "Panagiotis Kontaxis" <pkontaxi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connecting to schema problems
Date: 2008-10-09 16:59:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi!
I'm very new in postgreSQL and i can't create a successfully connection to
my schema.
My database:
database: dspace
schema: public
owner of dspace database: dspace

I'm using this connection:
host: 127.0.0.1:5432
username:dspace
password: ******

When I connected with pgAdmin III to dspace database the query "select *
from item;" returns records.
The problem occurs when I use a php utility to be connected, and the above
query fails.
With the same php settings a query like "select * from pg_tables;" isn't
failed and returns records to php utility.

I tried "select * from public.item;" and "select * from dspace.public.item;"
with no result.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Panagiotis