Re: Reduce the time required for a database recovery from archive.

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Dmitry Shulga <d(dot)shulga(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Roman Zharkov <r(dot)zharkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Reduce the time required for a database recovery from archive.
Date: 2021-03-19 12:50:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/19/21 4:32 AM, Marina Polyakova wrote:

> On 2021-03-18 18:04, David Steele wrote:
>> Seems like there should have been a patch attached?
>
> IMO there's a technical problem with sending, receiving (or displaying
> on the site) emails from the list pgsql-hackers. By subsribing to this
> list I received the attached patch from the email [1]. And my colleague
> Roman Zharkov said that the button 'Resend email' from that link helped
> him to receive the email with the attached patch. On the other hand
> follwing this link in the browser I do not see the attached patch. Do
> you think it is worth to write about this issue to
> webmaster(dot)postgresql(dot)org?..
>
> Just in case I'm lucky this email contains the lost patch.

You are correct -- if I send the email to myself I can see the patch (I
can also see it on the website in raw form). I usually read the thread
on the website before replying and I did not notice that the actual
email had an attachment.

My guess about why it is not showing up on the website is that the
encoding is a bit unusual (quoted-printable vs base64). Or it may have
to do with the inclusion of an HTML version of the message. You are
welcome to followup with the webmaster and see if this is a known issue.

Regards,
--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net