Vacuum Problems

From: "Rafael Domiciano" <rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Vacuum Problems
Date: 2008-11-26 13:43:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi there,
I need some help or just some hints. I am having problems with vacuum full
in one table only: "clifatura".
That table has today around 7 million rows.

I scheduled on the server a cron job to run VACUUM FULL every day at 23 P.M,
but on the following day, at 8 A.M. vacuum is yet working on "clifatura"; so
I have to kill vacuum.

I read something about maintenance_work_mem, so I increased it to 128MB. My
server is a Intel Xeon Dual-Core 2.8 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, running Postgres
8.2.4.

In others times recreating the table is Ok, but it can't be the right thing
to do.

I hope anyone have some information.

Thanks,

Rafael Domiciano