Re: Query plan - now what?

From: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "david(at)shadovitz(dot)com" <david(at)shadovitz(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query plan - now what?
Date: 2003-12-12 09:14:05
Lists: pgsql-performance

David Shadovitz wrote:

> Well, now that I have the plan for my slow-running query, what do I do? Where
> should I focus my attention?

Briefly looking over the plan and seeing the estimated v/s actual row mismatch,I
can suggest you following.

1. Vacuum(full) the database. Probably you have already done it.
2. Raise statistics_target to 500 or more and reanalyze the table(s) in question.
3. Set enable_hash_join to false, before running the query and see if it helps.

HTH

Shridhar