Bug in pgadmin III regarding privileges.

From: Michalis Kabrianis <mk(at)interzone(dot)gr>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in pgadmin III regarding privileges.
Date: 2003-12-02 07:35:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi
I think I found a bug regarding privileges in pgadmin III
To replicate:
create a user in postgres named "arwdxt" (not all letters needed of
course :)
Create another user named temp_user
as user "arwdxt" create a table test_table
REVOKE all ON test_table FROM temp_user
GRANT SELECT ON test_table TO temp_user

Now, if you check the privileges on that table, you'll see that user
temp_user seems to have all the privileges..

The reason is the name of the user who granted the rights (and the way
it's presented by postgres and searched by pgadmin), in our case it
would be :

temp_user=r/arwdrxt

Regards
Michalis Kabrianis