Re: For full text indexing, which is better, tsearch2 or

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: For full text indexing, which is better, tsearch2 or
Date: 2003-11-30 09:46:30
Lists: pgsql-performance

> I have 7.2.4 running on a Sun box, so I tried that too, with similar
> results. tsearch just doesn't seem to work very well on this dataset
> (or any other large dataset I've tried).

Well, as I've shown - works fine for me...

I strongly suggest you repost your problem report to -hackers, since the
fact that the tsearch developers haven't chimed in implies to me that
they don't watch the performance list.

BTW, read this about Gist indexes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/limitations.html

(Note lack of concurrency)