Re: [pgadmin-support] FW: oids bug

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro(at)ncsa(dot)edu>, Jonathan Mezach <jmezach(at)home(dot)nl>
Cc: "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] FW: oids bug
Date: 2003-11-26 21:51:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Michael Shapiro wrote:

> I forgot to send you the trigger for this table. It turns out that the
> trigger
> raises an exception when an update on the packet_id occurs.
>
> At 07:34 PM 11/26/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Michael Shapiro wrote:
>>
>>> NOTE, I am running Windows XP, PgAdmin 1.1.0 Devel(Nov 21 2003)
>>

>> win32 version shouldn't make any difference. There has been a similar
>> observation some days ago, which disappeared after recreation of the
>> table (which sounds like magic to me). I'd be glad if we could find
>> the problem; pgAdmin3 may not crash whatever data should be in the
>> backend.

Finally, I found it.
After executing a query in a thread, the pointer to the notice
processing routine was dangling. An update wouldn't execute in a thread,
but directly, receiving a NOTICE into the wild.

New version committed to cvs, win32 binary upload to follow.
This might fix the Edit Data problem previously reported by Jonathan
Mezach too.

Regards,
Andreas