Re: make installcheck on non-default ports

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make installcheck on non-default ports
Date: 2003-11-26 08:42:30
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I think there is something wrong with your setup procedures, because
> I've never needed such.

The main problem seemed to be that I had --disable-rpath in my configure
script, left over from when I was playing with options used by the RPM
spec file. Once I got rid of that, and started using a derivative of
Tom's scripts, it all started to work just fine.

Now I can do:

   . pg73          (or pg74 or pg75)
   cvs up
   make clean
   make all
   pgctl stop
   make install
   pgctl start
   make installcheck

I've attached the scripts in case anyone is interested.