Re: make installcheck on non-default ports

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make installcheck on non-default ports
Date: 2003-11-26 08:42:30
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> I think there is something wrong with your setup procedures, because
> I've never needed such.

The main problem seemed to be that I had --disable-rpath in my configure
script, left over from when I was playing with options used by the RPM
spec file. Once I got rid of that, and started using a derivative of
Tom's scripts, it all started to work just fine.

Now I can do:

. pg73 (or pg74 or pg75)
cvs up
make clean
pgconfig
make all
pgctl stop
make install
pgctl start
make installcheck

I've attached the scripts in case anyone is interested.

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
setvariables.75 text/plain 638 bytes
pg74 text/plain 66 bytes